• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Woody Herman

Jayell

master brummie
I've been having a sort out and just found this programme that I had forgotten about, for a concert at the Odeon on 12 April 1959 for The Woody Herman Herd. Did anyone else see them?

Judy

Printmeister just gone through that link and it is truly fascinating. Some of the names bought back lovely memories. Thanks for that. Jean.

Wow! Thanks Printmeister. Fascinating link - I'll have to have another search through my box!

Judy

Hi Judy,

A nice find! :)

I remember seeing Herman on several occasions around that time and I'm pretty sure I would have been there then as I didn't leave for the South Coast until January 1961. Sadly I must have moved house well over a dozen times since 1959 and the first thing to go was paper - programmes, leaflets, etc.

Maurice

Just been looking through the link that Printmeister gave. Eric is sure he has at least three of those listed: Dave Brubeck, Count Basie, Jazz at the Philhamonic, and is going to spend the whole afternoon in the loft looking them out :D

Like me, he is a bit of a hoarder, so although we have moved loads of times over the years we have kept quite a bit of stuff.

Judy

Back