• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

wood George

robert

master brummie
Hello Everyone. I need help please,trying to find George Wood in the 1901 Census B1866 in Birmingham. His entry in the 1891 Census states his ocupation as a brass caster as does a copy of his Daughter,s marriage cert 1909. I found two George Wood,sin the 1901 Census but both with diffrent trades. By the way his Daughter,s name was Laura Lucy B1889. Thanks Robert

Re: Cant see the woods for the forest

Could this be the family?

1901 England Census
Charles Davis abt 1875 Birmingham, Warwickshire, England Boarder Liverpool Lancashire
Elizabeth Kent abt 1849 Middlesex, London, England Boarder Liverpool Lancashire
John Lloyd abt 1852 Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire, Wales Boarder Liverpool Lancashire
Annie Wood abt 1886 Birmingham, Warwickshire, England Daughter Liverpool Lancashire
Elsie Wood abt 1893 Birmingham, Warwickshire, England Daughter Liverpool Lancashire
George Wood abt 1864 Birmingham, Warwickshire, England Head Liverpool Lancashire
George Wood abt 1891 Birmingham, Warwickshire, England Son Liverpool Lancashire
Laura Wood abt 1888 Birmingham, Warwickshire, England Daughter Liverpool Lancashire
Lily Wood abt 1895 Birmingham, Warwickshire, England Daughter Liverpool Lancashire
Polly Wood abt 1866 Birmingham, Warwickshire, England Wife Liverpool Lancashire
Rose Wood abt 1897 Liverpool, Lancashire, England Daughter Liverpool Lancashire
Victoria Wood abt 1900 Liverpool, Lancashire, England Daughter Liverpool Lancashire

George: Brassfounders Caster.

Boo.

Boo in the 1891 Census George,s wife is Mary A B1868 B,Ham and Daughter Mary A b 1887. So i dont think we have the right family. But thanks for your time and effort. Robert

On the 1881 Census they are living at High Street Dingle Northfield
William Wood aged 55, born Selly Oak occupation Tube Drawer,
Charlotte Wood , wife aged 53 born Northfield
George Wood, son,  aged 15, Agricultural labourer
James Wood, son aged 13, ….pealer  [??annealer]
Elizabeth Ann Wood, daughter aged 8 Scholar
Emily Mary Wood, daughter aged 4 Scholar

is he any good, born 1866, - a lot of the family were in the non ferrous business over the years.

Back