• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Wolverhampton District Electric Tramways

Whaley Ash

Hi all, I run a web site dedicated to British Tramway Company Uniforms, Buttons and Badges, and am currently trying to put together some pages on Wolverhampton area tramways. I previously had some excellent help from this forum on Birmingham Corporation Tramways, so am hoping for the same for Wolverhampton (I know it's not Birmingham, but the the main book on Wolverhampton Tramways was published by Birmingham Transport Historical Group!).

In particular, I'm looking for photos that show Wolverhampton District Electric Tramways staff (Birmingham and Midland Tramways from July 1904): conductors, motormen and inspectors. Studio portraits and photos of the men with their trams are what I'm looking for, reasonably close up so that the uniforms can be discerned.

If anyone can help, I'd very much appreciate hearing from you.

Cheers, Ashley (High Peak)

Back