• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Wolseley Car History

It's amazing what you remember when your mind is jogged. An uncle of mine, Frank Pendle worked at Wolseley cutting and stitching the leather seats. He and his wife Edith lived in Croydon Road Erdington

There is a 60's (I think) Wolseley car parked at the front of a house near where I live, it looks in good condition, all nice and shiny and well kept.

I'm not sure which dept. Sylvia, he was there as I said for 40 odd years so may have moved around, he listed his job as 'viewer' at one time. His name was Len Gibson. Eric.
I remember Len Gibson he worked in general inspection and taught me how to read a slide rule, I worked in the press shop as a tool setter. Neil (Billy)Ford

I bought a low mileage Wolseley 6/110 but only a month after buying it it got written off when a busy housewife with other things on her mind did a U turn across my path, at 60mph two tons of motor car packs a hell of a punch and sadly the lady died a couple of hours after the crash.

I bought a low mileage Wolseley 6/110 but only a month after buying it it got written off when a busy housewife with other things on her mind did a U turn across my path, at 60mph two tons of motor car packs a hell of a punch and sadly the lady died a couple of hours after the crash.
That was a pretty quick car as I recall!

Beste forumleden,
Mijn naam is Hans Donkervoort en ik woon in Nederland,
Ik ben in de laatste fase van het restaureren van mijn Wolsely 12/48 coupé uit 1936.
Nu kom ik weer het kenteken tegen dat in het voertuig zat, met de naam van Hunt`s garage erop, zie foto.
Ik ben benieuwd of dit bedrijf nog bestaat, of dat er nog mensen zijn die het weten..
De voortgang van de restauratie is te zien op mijn site www.donkervoort.info voor de geinteresseerden.
Het zou leuk zijn om te horen over de garage van het verleden van Hunt.
bij voorbaat dank
Hans

Attachments

• hunt´s gar.jpg
    hunt´s gar.jpg
    230.9 KB · Views: 8
  • 20210816_140836 (4).jpg
    20210816_140836 (4).jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 8
Beste forumleden,
Mijn naam is Hans Donkervoort en ik woon in Nederland,
Ik ben in de laatste fase van het restaureren van mijn Wolsely 12/48 coupé uit 1936.
Nu kom ik weer het kenteken tegen dat in het voertuig zat, met de naam van Hunt`s garage erop, zie foto.
Ik ben benieuwd of dit bedrijf nog bestaat, of dat er nog mensen zijn die het weten..
De voortgang van de restauratie is te zien op mijn site www.donkervoort.info voor de geinteresseerden.
Het zou leuk zijn om te horen over de garage van het verleden van Hunt.
bij voorbaat dank
Hans
I cannot read Dutch but I am guessing you are looking for information about the garage in the photo. It is not very clear but looks like Hunt’s Garage. There is a thread about Hunts on this forum.

I cannot read Dutch but I am guessing you are looking for information about the garage in the photo. It is not very clear but looks like Hunt’s Garage. There is a thread about Hunts on this forum.
Translation
Dear forum members,
My name is Hans Donkervoort and I live in the Netherlands,
I am in the final stages of restoring my 1936 Wolsely 12/48 coupe.
Now I come across the license plate that was in the vehicle again, with the name of Hunt`s garage on it, see photo.
I wonder if this company still exists or if anyone else knows about it.
The progress of the restoration can be seen on my site www.donkervoort.info for those who are interested.
It would be nice to hear about Hunt's past garage.
thanks in advance
Hans

Back