• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

WMPTE Single Deck Fleetlines and a Bundy Clock

horsencart

master brummie
Greetings

I have not long posted footage of Three WMPTE single deck Fleetlines I shot the film at the 101 Terminus, the terminus was near to Albert St and has now long gone, in the footage can be seen a couple of drivers standing around a bundy clock, and again near to the end of the film https://www.flickr.com/photos/dofartshavelumps/7806777278/

I cannot recall if the drivers used the clock or not I know I used the 101 service on an iregular basis enjoy the footage the film was orginally shot it super 8 film and is thought to be some time in the late 1970,s

Horsencart, don't the buses look dated, I can remember the centrebus when we used to go into town, but not the shape of the buses!
Sue

These buses (maybe not the exact fleet numbers you have filmed), in BCT livery, also took me to and from school on the 27 route to Kings Heath. I remember having a very exciting cuddle with a nice girl on the back seat one day when the bus was virtually empty.

I remember the "centrebus" very well. Many a half day was spent in my (just about) teenage years riding around town on the 101. I remember thatif you got on somewhere close to Masshouse Circus upon arriving at the termininus you could transfer to the bus infront without re-booking. So you could (as I did) travel round and round all day for one fare of 2p. Yes they did "peg the clock". The Marshall bodied single deck fleetlines had gone from the 27 route by the time I used to use it (mainly from King's Heath to Bournville baths). They were displaced by the (troublesome) A.E.C. swifts, from Acocks Green garage, sometime in the late 60's. Fond memories of these little buses. Every so occasionally we used to get one on the "Brandwood Park Road & King's Heath 35 service instead of a "Jumbo"

Back