• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Witton Terrace, Witton Road

raystef

I have found my grandparents in the 1939 register living at 9 Witton Terrace, Witton Road. I can't find the place on any map that I've seen. I guess that the properties were demolished years ago but does anyone know whereabouts Witton Terrace was located?

Attachments

• 1939.JPG
    1939.JPG
    13.1 KB · Views: 5
Where was Witton Terrace, Witton Road?

There are several mentions in the Archives before 1880, including N°1,3 and 11. From 1880 onwards there is mention of a Lime Terrace which appears to run from Witton Rd to Trinity Road (below the PO), and shown on the 1890 map.

So is Witton Terrace shown?

9EF2F90C-B2E1-4A98-B773-9DF297144345.jpeg

Additional to info in post#5 ... :)

This first aerial photo dated late c1940s shows a view of the area. Witton Rd on the right with Holford Rd going towards top left. Witton Terrace appears to have more houses than shown on the map.
Witton1.jpg

This second view shows two houses have apparently been demolished !
Witton2.jpg

A third view from a different direction shows the houses demolished.
Witton3.jpg
To save pics (without fireworks) left click to see the jpg and then right click the jpg to save-as. All pics are from 'britainfromabove'
Link below to a thread which has photos and other information about the district.

Back