• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Witton, Crown and Cushion, Kynoch, Clifton Road, Upper Thomas Where Do I start ?

humbleseeker

knowlegable brummie
I am about to start writing a book about mainly my birth Mother Patrica Cullen (nee Doody). She lived for a long time in Witton, Manor Road. She was Irish from Dublin. She worked at Kynoch's too (who didn't) . If anyone knew her (good or bad) I would like to hear your stories. We can exchange emails. I was born in Dudley Road and adopted at 6 wks. Nothing new about that in 1945. We lived in Clifton Road until I was about eight. Then we moved away. But I have lots of memories from that time. I went to Upper Thomas Street, I played and had fights with lots of pals as kids do. I was Shirley Tipping then. It is wonderful that all these old memories can be captured now before we are all gone. The old photos... I know people say this a lot. We were poor, but we were also happy. Sadly my adoptive parents are no longer here. But of course they are deep within my heart. My Mother Patricia used to go dancing with hers sisters at the Crown and Cushion. They were Eveln and Kathleen, they met GI's no doubt as my eldest half sister tells me they loved to dance. If you have photo's memories information to share with me do get in touch. My book will take at least a couple of years. I have much to do. Including getting info on my Grandfather and Grandmother who were in China in the 1920's. That is on my Irish side. My Father ?? well I'm doing a Miss Marple on that one !!. Bye for now..Shirley

Back