• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Witton Cemetery burial records

Hello all,

I would dearly love to learn of the final resting place of my great grandparents & wondered whether anyone can help me please ~ I have been told that the burial records for Witton cemetery are held at the Birmingham Central Library & wondered whether anyone might be able to spare a few moments please on a library visit to look for me please. I am unable to get to the library myself at the moment due to a spinal problem.

William Jones died on 18th January 1903 whilst at work, aged 44 years. His home address was 15 Sydney Road, off Garrison Lane, Small Heath in Birmingham. An inquest on his death was held on 21st January 1903 after which time I assume his body was then available for burial.

My great grandmother's name was Fanny Jones & she passed away on 17th May 1906 aged 50 years at her home address of 5 Camp Street, Small Heath which was also off Garrison Lane in the parish of Aston.

Any help would be most appreciated please as I would dearly love to learn of their final resting place.
With Many Thanks.
birmingham website show at least a dozen william jones D 1903 but only one for january you have to pay £20 to get more details

Hello all,

I would dearly love to learn of the final resting place of my great grandparents & wondered whether anyone can help me please ~ I have been told that the burial records for Witton cemetery are held at the Birmingham Central Library & wondered whether anyone might be able to spare a few moments please on a library visit to look for me please. I am unable to get to the library myself at the moment due to a spinal problem.

William Jones died on 18th January 1903 whilst at work, aged 44 years. His home address was 15 Sydney Road, off Garrison Lane, Small Heath in Birmingham. An inquest on his death was held on 21st January 1903 after which time I assume his body was then available for burial.

My great grandmother's name was Fanny Jones & she passed away on 17th May 1906 aged 50 years at her home address of 5 Camp Street, Small Heath which was also off Garrison Lane in the parish of Aston.

Any help would be most appreciated please as I would dearly love to learn of their final resting place.
With Many Thanks.
fanny jones 1906 month of burial may

HI all, just reading this thread re Witton Cemetary and wondered if anyone could find any evidence/gravestone etc for my relative Amelia Jackson, (nee Simkiss) b.1835 d.1877 we think. Her husband was William Anthony Forrester Jackson. Grateful for any help you can offer. Thanks Ginette

hi folks popped down to witton yesterday armed with a map and grave no for my grandad who died in 1938 served in france ww1 and somehow came back alive..looking at the map and the road opposite his section i located section 3 easily enough which is alongside the ridgeway cem wall but because there were no headstones with a number close to his unmarked grave i had no chance of finding him so i phoned the office and was told due to covid they could not help me until june..very nice lady asked me to phone them up then and to make an appointment and someone will meet with me and take me grandads spot have to say i have always found witton staff very helpful in the past so i will be doing that...the map i had was not very clear but yesterday i found this one which may be of use to our members..just to assist members the grove on the ridgeway is called mallis grove then just a little to the right of that is farley road so i worked out from that that section 3 is just a tad to the right of this road..it does not show on the map but there are 2 entrances along the ridgeway

lyn

Witton Cem Map2015.jpg

Last edited:
Back