• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Winter tram painting

cookie273uk

master brummie
Paint magazine Jan 1994.jpgAlthough I have had numerous paintings in print this is the only one I have had printed on the front cover of an Art magazine (January 1994). I have painted a later version of this painting entitled 'Winter Tram ride', shown on the Forum and in my Gallery which I consider a far better painting but without the thrill of having it printed. The location is Tyburn Road about 1950. Paint magazine Jan 1994.jpgEric (excuse the 2 copies, perhaps a moderator will kindly remove 1)

Eric

Van Gogh`s "Sunflowers" may be worth millions but it`s boring (imo) Your paintings are brilliant & much more worthy of praise & display. Well done.

I have always admired that painting Eric.

How about a painting of the new Brum tram.
~

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    108.6 KB · Views: 8
Frothy, always prefer the old to the new, May be less functional and a bit of a boneshaker and cold in the winter but more character, but will think about it. Eric

Frothy, just re-read your post, this painting has not been on the Forum before, you are thinking of the later one (as referred to in my post) see attached. Ericwinter tram ride.jpg

Hi Eric, like you I used the old trams and your paintings bring back nice old memories of the sounds, the drivers standing at the front, and the ticket collectors making sure we paid ...
encouragement.png

Back