• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Winter scenes posted by members

Eggbeers of Newton Abbot, I remember seeing their vehicles in the past. WDV 391 was a Devon registration.
I detest the newer types as the areas covered are, in some cases quite large. For instance the W series covers the whole of the SW peninsular, including the Bristol area but excludes Dorset.

Spread of snow related photos in today's Birmingham Mail Flickr page. Including one of mine of a snowman (top right hand corner). Double spread, but I was only sent the page with my photo on it.

Bham Mail 76 Snowman.png

Hello again oldbrit, please feel free to use whatever I post. I have stated many times that I am clearing out a load of old clutter and tidying up my folders and hard drive after years of hoarding paper cuttings and pictures.
Any idea who painted this the colours are great,

You folks up in the frozen North are welcome to your snow, however it does make for some great photo shots.
The winters day in Dorridge - an area I cycled around in my youth - reminded me of this lovely book "The Country Diary of an Edwardian Lady, of which I bought my copy back in the 1970's. I found it quite interesting as not only was parts of Warwickshire and Devon known to me included.
51ZYNDEV5PL._SX372_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Stitcher, absolutely love your picture. Here in Paignton no snow at the moment - just blue skies and sunshine, but there is a cold wind blowing !

You folks up in the frozen North are welcome to your snow, however it does make for some great photo shots.
The winters day in Dorridge - an area I cycled around in my youth - reminded me of this lovely book "The Country Diary of an Edwardian Lady, of which I bought my copy back in the 1970's. I found it quite interesting as not only was parts of Warwickshire and Devon known to me included.
51ZYNDEV5PL._SX372_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
What I love about this book that I have on my coffee table in Parker, Colorado USA is that she was in Yardley and went on walks and bike rides to the places that I did when I lived there GREAT BOOK

What I love about this book that I have on my coffee table in Parker, Colorado USA is that she was in Yardley and went on walks and bike rides to the places that I did when I lived there GREAT BOOK

Lovely book with lovely illustrations. Remember the TV Series?

Mine's just a bit ordinary, my front garden last Sunday.............and Monday Tuesday Wednesday :) too cold to go out and clear it.

Attachments

• IMGP1621.JPG
    IMGP1621.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 20
  • IMGP1622.JPG
    IMGP1622.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 20
  • IMGP1623.JPG
    IMGP1623.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 20
Eagles Nest.jpg

I can't remember whether I posted the picture before but I do remember posting about it a few years ago. The location is on the peak of Mount Shap on the A6 in Cumbria. Two single decker buses were wielded together back to back made into a café. Customers used the entrance on the one facing south, it had been modified inside so the lorry drivers could sit at tables in fours. The counter was halfway along the second bus and the kitchen and cookers after that, the staff used the entrance of the bus facing north. In the rain or snow it was, or maybe still is a very bleak place but in fine weather the view and scenery was outstanding.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back