• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Winson Street

Curtisk2

Brummie babby
Does anyone have any photos of winson street between 1939 and 1955? Any photo's involving that road and the 1953 coronation party. Any photos would be appreciated. For my family tree and genealogy purposes.

Last edited by a moderator:
A nice selection in this thread of Witton Road.
Old Street pics and Then and Now threads have many photos, some about the coronation year.

A nice selection in this thread of Witton Road.
Old Street pics and Then and Now threads have many photos, some about the coronation year.

I appreciate the reply, got the street name wrong as I'm researching two different places lol. I mean winson street coronation party. However, the link you sent for witton photos was great! Thanks

here you go winson st coronation party and a couple of other photos hope these are of help but if you use the search box top right of the forum you may find a few more dotted about the forumWinson Green Winson St 1953 .jpgWinson Green Winson Street Bellfield Inn 1976.JPGWINSON ST (1).jpg

lyn

thanks rob...there is another shot of the winson st celebrations on the birm royal street parties link you provided

lyn

A couple more images of Winson Street, though I think only the Brookfield garage would fall within the time frame requested, the other of the Bellfied Inn being in the 1970's.

Winson Green Bellfield Inn Winson St 1976.jpgWinson Green Winson Street Brookfields Garage.jpg

Does anyone have any photos of winson street between 1939 and 1955? Any photo's involving that road and the 1953 coronation party. Any photos would be appreciated. For my family tree and genealogy purposes.
IMG_0316.JPGIMG_0320.JPGIMG_0317.JPG
Hi
My name is John Horton, used to live at 105.
I have attached a couple of photos, hope they are of interest.

• Appreciate
Reactions: MWS
Back