• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

WINN family.. Charles Winn

GeorgieG

master brummie
Looking for relations of
Charles Harris WINN (born 1900).... lived Lea Hall Village.
Charles was the brother of:
EVELYN AVERILL(nee Winn)..
ROSE ELIZABETH TUBB (nee Winn)
HENRY WINN... KNOWN AS HARRY
ALBERT GEORGE WINN

Charles married Maggie (Lumbley?)
Daughter Irene. 4 sons maybe in Lea Hall Village area of Birmingham.
I do have a photo of Charles and his sister Evelyn.
Large family WINN tree if you are interested.
Georgie.

Georgie I would love to see the photo of EVELYN AVERILL and her brother Charles, especially as I knew the lady when I was child and teenager.

(POM) :angel:

Winn photograph

Hi Pomgolian,
I will have to scan photo of Evelyn... Never uploaded a photo on to this site yet!..Any help will be appreciated.. I have one of Tom Averill as well! May take a few days to get sorted out...
Georgie

GeorgieG, I am related to Margaret Lumley who married Charles Winn. I should be grateful for any information you have about the Winn family. I believe there were three children, two boys and a girl. Look forward to hearing from you. Thanks Sarah T.

Hello Sarah T. Just picked up your message. As you can see I posted the message in 2007 !! My grandfather was Albert George WINN the brother of Charles Harris WINN. There was a sister called Evelyn Harris Winn (married name Averill) and I believe she had a Winn family bible... I have been trying to track down the family that lived in Lea Hall... and I think that would have been Charles ... do you have any knowledge of the WINN Family Bible... it could have the surname GOULDING in it.
Any help of any kind would be helpful... Georgie

Hi Georgie, apologies for the delay, I hadn't noticed I had a message. Unfortunately I know nothing of the family but I may have a contact who I can ask. Her grandmother was sister to Margaret and i believe they kept in touch. Are you on ancestry? I wonder if there are any descendants on that. I will have a look on my account and get back to you. Sarah

Hello Sarah. Good to hear from you. Only thinking about getting in touch with you again a few days ago. I have been looking at my WINN tree since you contacted me. I think Christmas and New Year has got in the way of doing any research at the moment. I have been "trying" to get some of my research in order and have found the original notes very helpful. Yes... I am on Ancestry but not showing my WINN tree as still putting it together on there... Are you okay to let me know your contact name on Ancestry? Robert Winn used Winn as his surname but also Goulding on a Census!! The Bible may hold the clue to this. Georgie

Hi, I've sent you a direct message on here, well I think I have. Let me know if it doesn't surface

Hi Sarah... only received the one you sent on this B.hamHistoryForum site 11.54... nothing on Ancestry at the moment. Georgie

Back