• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Windows 10

I'm happy running Windows 10 in an Acer PC and a Dell Laptop using browsers Chrome and Edge. Windows Defender, Malwarebytes and a suspicious nature for security. I have an iPad and iPhone running iOS13 using browsers Safari, Chrome, and Edge.

All devices run Zoom and Skype. Chrome and Edge sync the Win 10 and Apple devices ... what I see on one I can see on the others.
:)

I use a Apple IPad husband brought it me, not sure if your IPad is more upmarket, but I can not see Zoom or Skype in my setting.
Do I need to download if I need the.
Have FaceTime.

I use a Apple IPad husband brought it me, not sure if your IPad is more upmarket, but I can not see Zoom or Skype in my setting.
Have FaceTime.
Diane, you should be able to Zoom & Skype on you iPad. My wife has an iPad Pro and I have a regular iPad. Both work fine!

Have FaceTime.
Diane, I downloaded Zoom from Apple's app store and it runs fine on my iPad which I have had for four years. I did set up my Zoom account on a Win10 computer so Zoom already knew me. I also run Skype on my iPad and I also downloaded it from the app store .... :)

I mostly use Zoom and Skype on a Windows 10 computer but last night I used Zoom on my iPad and found screen sharing difficult. I have no problems screen sharing on Windows 10.

I mostly use Zoom and Skype on a Windows 10 computer but last night I used Zoom on my iPad and found screen sharing difficult. I have no problems screen sharing on Windows 10.
oldMohawk, I have the same experience, Including the audio through my computer seems better. Or it might just be me!

Hi Richard, Zoom and Skype always look better on a 24" screen and with audio through the decent speakers connected to the computer. I find the screen-share useful for showing someone how to do things on computers. They can see what I'm looking at on screen and have watched me browsing the forum. They can see all the Old Street pics etc.

Hi Richard, Zoom and Skype always look better on a 24" screen and with audio through the decent speakers connected to the computer. I find the screen-share useful for showing someone how to do things on computers. They can see what I'm looking at on screen and have watched me browsing the forum. They can see all the Old Street pics etc.
oldMohawk, agree, I use them both but mostly Zoom for the consulting work I do. We find it very easy to should and explain either with cad models or do what ifs during design development.

I have an old ipad, which I only use for searching Google, but latterly every time I put a search in a message from Google comes up wanting me to accept their offer of the adverts I see etc, etc. As far as I am concerned on this tablet I am happy to accept, but when I press I accept, nothing happens, however if I click on any of the other file openers, they work, but I cannot get rid of this and pressing I accept does nothing. There is no x in the top rh corner, so I cannot close the thing down. Switching it off and restarting, clearing all settings, clearing Safari all have no effect. Any suggestions?

Bob

My old iPad will not update above iOS9 and runs so slow it is like watching paint dry. It is almost as if the updates have slowed it down. You could try installing the Chrome browser app and see if searches are better when using it. My present iPad has iOS14 and I still find Safari not very good for some things so have the Chrome and Edge browsers installed. It might be worth acquiring an old Windows 10 laptop for searches ... it will always run faster than Safari ... ;)

My old iPad will not update above iOS9 and runs so slow it is like watching paint dry. It is almost as if the updates have slowed it down. You could try installing the Chrome browser app and see if searches are better when using it. My present iPad has iOS14 and I still find Safari not very good for some things so have the Chrome and Edge browsers installed. It might be worth acquiring an old Windows 10 laptop for searches ... it will always run faster than Safari ... ;)
I had an old iPad that had a similar problems as did my wife MacBook pro (or something like that) The MacBook was circa 2007 and when we went to the Apple store they were not sure what to do with it. She got a new computer and I got a new iPad solved a lot of problems.

I know this is a naïve question but what exactly is an iPad ? Most of the posts on this thread are beyond my understanding but I would like to know what an iPad is. Eric

The iPad I'm using to post this was bought in 2015 and is still going strong, problem free and fast. It is the first computing device I pick up in the morning to browse the web. It gives two days computing on one battery charge. It is different but for serious work a proper W10 computer is best ...:)

Thanks all for explanation, I'm at an age when it difficult to grasp new technologies but I have an idea now what it is. I will stick to my Acer Predator tower PC Windows 10 which I can understand (mostly). I have not even got a mobile phone, I slung that in March when I packed up motoring after 63 years, I have always preferred a landline anyway being an ex Post Office telephone engineer (1956 to 86). Thank again. Eric

Back