• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Windows 10

For years if I've been out taking pictures on i-phone I connect to lap top, Windows10, select "Photos" and a few minutes later my latest efforts were transferred to the laptop to be edited etc. BUT today all has changed I have been infected with "Photos Legacy". I've managed to download and select BUT can't see how transfer my selections to the laptop folders to be edited.
I did a screenshot and this seemed to happen more as less as before, slightly different but recognizable and picture successfully uploaded.
Can anyone please gently explain what I need to do.

For years if I've been out taking pictures on i-phone I connect to lap top, Windows10, select "Photos" and a few minutes later my latest efforts were transferred to the laptop to be edited etc. BUT today all has changed I have been infected with "Photos Legacy". I've managed to download and select BUT can't see how transfer my selections to the laptop folders to be edited.
I did a screenshot and this seemed to happen more as less as before, slightly different but recognizable and picture successfully uploaded.
Can anyone please gently explain what I need to do.
This is untrue, I've been messing about for about three hours, I posted the above AND thought I'll have one more try and spotted a "setting" that was so obviously wrong and lo and behold pictures transferred!

This is untrue, I've been messing about for about three hours, I posted the above AND thought I'll have one more try and spotted a "setting" that was so obviously wrong and lo and behold pictures transferred!
I take a few photo with my iPhone and have set it up send the images directly to OneDrive. I can then access my phots on any of my devices, PC, laptop etc. You get some OneDrive space for free and a fair bit more if you have an office 365 subscription.

You can of course store them on iCloud, but you only get a small amount of storage space before they start nagging you to buy more.

Back