• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Window too small ....

db84124

Brummophile
Good morning,
Could someone please suggest what I could do to overcome this “problem”.
I have downloaded a software program from a supplied disk to operate a Trust accessory. The window which opens up when I click on the icon on my taskbar doesn’t open sufficiently large to view all the options on each page. (Please see attachments.)
The edges of the window cannot be “dragged” as they are not active, i.e., no double-headed arrow appears when I click on its edges.
Exactly the same thing happens when I try to alter the settings of a Nortek mouse; the window which opens only allows me to select half the options available because it’s too small.
Help please. db84124:redface:

Hi David, there are a few bugs with some of the software for this Trust Graphics Tablet. I have emailed you a working driver that works fine, I am using the driver I have emailed you myself with my Graphics Tablet. Make sure you follow the instuctions I have included in the email.

Dave.

Is there anything this David Riley man can't help with?
scratchchin6hy.gif

Oisin, I will always try to help, I had a bit of trouble myself with one of these Trust Graphics Tablets, complete with a wireless mouse that comes with it a while ago. It took a while to find a reliable version of the software that worked OK. Hope it helps David, they are pretty good Graphics Tablets but the software is a bit dodgy.

I would love to get one I can get along with - I have a Wacom one bought me as a present but the stylus causes hand cramps.

They do take a bit of practice to get the knack of Bernie, I still have pains in my hands and arms after using mine for a while. Only great thing is the pressure sensitivity is very useful for use in photo editing packages like Photoshop, useful in CAD packages too. Its a good idea to resize the active area on the Tablet to a smaller size so you don't need so much hand and arm movement. When I first picked up a Mouse to use with Windows I thought to myself, "These things will never catch on", just loads of practice with the Tablet the same as the Mouse is suppose.

Yes, I agree with Dave.
They take a bit of getting used to.
I've used one for several years and hardly ever use the mouse now. My wife is left-handed and prefers the mouse, so it works well for us - she keeps the mouse on the lefthand side of the keyboard and I keep the graphics tablet on the right.

I never thought of resizing the working area, though. I'll give it a try. Thanks for that idea, Dave

Good morning, Dave and All,
Well, after our two-week break, it’s back to late nights (very late early mornings (?) really!)
I followed your highly reliable instructions and uninstalled the trust software which came on a disk with the wireless tablet. I replaced it with the file you sent me via email.
But on clicking on the icon on the taskbar, again I was presented with a window which doesn’t allow me to access all the options available in the software package. In fact the result was almost identical to the attachments in Post #1, i.e., I can view about 60% of each page, and various active buttons, slides and choices are hidden by the insufficiently sized window.
Dave, perhaps I didn’t explain myself very clearly when I opened this thread; the original software works perfectly. It’s just that the window which “encloses” the tablet’s (and the mouse’s) setup options is too small and masks several configuration choices which I could benefit from. For example, the test area to carry out the wireless tablet’s pen’s Click Pressure Test is outside the area visible in the window. (Is the inadequately sized window a Microsoft setting?)
Thanks, as always, David
View attachment 49304
View attachment 49305

David, I have spent the last couple of hours trying to mimic the problem you have on my PC by changing various settings and cannot duplicate the problem. I have tried adjusting various settings in Windows to get the same effect only to no avail. The only thing I can suggest to try is make sure non of the accessibility options are set in the control panel and also you could try giving the screen resoultion a small tweak to see if that improves matters. ( Right click Desktop - Properties - Settings). The first of the pictures below shows what the window should look like and the second shows your window above with my correct window below, no difference in the overall size of the window just everthing looks zoomed in. I thought it may be a problem with one of the default XP fonts missing giving larger text size however the font looks the same to me and the graphic of the pen is zoomed also. You have tried the version of the software I sent you, this is the version I am using so it must be a Windows setting at fault and not the software itself. I will go and have another go at the settings and see if I can get the problem to occur. Strange this is, there are you trying to get the problem to go away and here is me trying to get the problem to occur! Maybe we should just swap computers.:D

David, quick question, what model is this Trust Graphics Tablet? The reason I ask is some of the Trust models have a Zoom wheel at the top of the pad, well mine hasn't but if yours has it might be worth giving it a twirl. Never had a play with one with zoom so don't know what it actually zooms in on but it does look like some zooming in is going on somewhere from the pictures you have provided.

Dave, my Trust Wireless Tablet is a TB-3100; the mouse supplied hasn't got a zoom wheel, nor has the tablet itself.
Have you noticed that the "fault" seems to occur in a window within a window? That is, if you look carefully at your image of the two windows on the right in Post #9, it appears that the commands are set in a regularly sized "frame" (on which we can see the OK and Cancel buttons). The dimensions of the frame in your left-hand "correct" photo and my "faulty" ones seem to be constant; it's only the buttons, slides, test areas, text, etc. within the inner window which appear to be too big or zoomed. (I've made myself very dizzy re-reading that !!!!! Hope you understand !!!) David

MIne I know is a Wacom but after reading the above I downloaded new drivers fromt eh Wacom site which appear to work fine. Maybe the Trust site has updated drivers? Aplogies of this has already been tried or checked out.

David, have a quick check on the windows font size, here is how :-

1) right-click on the desktop
2) select Properties
3) select the Appearance tab
4) change the Font Size back to "Normal"

Just found what might be a work around for this problem, have a look at this little utility for free download :- https://corz.org/windows/software/accessories/KDE-resizing-moving-for-XP-or-Vista.php I have just tried it out and it seems to resize any Windows window. Take a look at the picture below to see the effect it had on the once un-movable mouse properties window. Just download the file from the site, unzip it and run the exe file in the folder, it pops a little icon in the system tray, right click the icon and click about for a brief list of how to use it but basically it is hold down the Alt key and right click the mouse over the window you want to resize and whilst holding down the right mouse button drag the mouse to resize the window.

Some nice other bits with this little utility, have a read through the discription on the download page.

I hope this works, good luck.

Bernie and Dave,
Having seen you're both on-line, I'd like to get this off very quickly.
Firstly thank you both for coming forward with suggestions.
Bernie, I visited the Trust site a few days ago and the assistance service section of their site was down due to maintenance. Yesterday I found this:

View attachment 49325

If you could enlighten me on the indicated expressions, I'll attempt to take it from there.

Dave, I followed your steps in Post #13 but the Font Size was already "Normal". Will carry out your suggestion in Post #14 later this evening. Thanks.

Please bear in mind the fact that I have exactly the same problem with my Nortek mouse settings window.
Thanks again, David

That is strange David, you have done evything correctly, even though using this re-size application was a work around it proves that it is not the boundary window that is not too small for the contents. (Edit: Have a look at my post #18 first). Just for a test open a few other things from the control panel like Power Options or Date & Time and see if they display correctly, if they also don't display correctly then it is something definitely something wrong with the Windows configuration. If they do then give the Trust software a try on your other laptop and see if that is the same. I will do a bit more digging and try a few more test on my PC to see what I can come up with and report back soon.

Have a look at this setting also David, Right Click Desktop – Properties - Settings - Advanced Button – General. Make sure DPI Setting is set to Normal size (96 DPI).

Dave, I've carried out the suggestion made in Post #18; the DPI Setting is set to Normal size (96 DPI). D.

I saw a similar problem to this when I help a friend set up a full HD monitor (1920x1080) and he got problems like this.

I had to reduce the resolution to make it work.

Try changing your screen resolution to see if this makes any difference.

RIGHT click on the desktop and select Personalize. Then change the Resolution.

You look like you have a large screen so it may be set to 1920x1080 or 1680x1050.

Try changing it to a SMALLER setting (lower numbers) and see it that changes the display of the windows.

You may need to try it a various resolutions.

Back