• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Wilson Stuart school

yogimon

master brummie
Due to a serious heart condition i attended Wilson Stuart school for the physically handicapped ,Short Heath Road. 1956 -1962. I was eleven years old when i left to go to Secondary school as my condition improved. I dont remember much about the school but i can remember there was a nun who used to teach us religion every Wednesday morning, she wore one of those butterfly hats.I lived in Winson Green at the time and the School bus used to pick me up and drop me off each day. I concidered myself to be very lucky because some of the pupils were pitiful to say the least. One of my memories was when i mashed a Wagon Wheel chocolate biscuit into my potatoes at lunch break. I thought it was a good idea at the time but boy did i suffer, i was sick all day. I cant look at a Wagon Wheel now without feeling sick. Would anyone have a story to tell, do you know anyone who went to that school or are there any photo's lying around? I would love to hear from you. I have thought of contacting the School to see if they still keep registars etc. Maybe i will.

Back