• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Wilshire

susi

proper brummie kid
Looking to trace Wilshire family members from Clifton Lane Aston Birmingham. Lilian Wilshire married Arthur Collins in 1935, sadly only married 3 months before his death. Looking for missing information on Arthur.

Susi,

Arthur H. Collins born 1st Qtr 1911 Aston Vol 6d Page 416
Died aged 24 - 4th Qtr 1935 Birmingham Vol 6d Page 136. No probate entry.
Nothing in British Library Newspaper Archives, but there is a gap in the Birmingham papers online at this time.
Getting the death certificate above will tell you how he died, but I haven't been able to find anything else. He should be on the 1911 Census and he is.
Living at 177 Cotterills Lane, Ward End.
Son of George (a carter in the Public Works Dept) & his wife Sarah Ann.
Sister Edith and brother Frank.

Maurice

Last edited:
Susi,

Nothing in British Library Newspaper Archives, but there is a gap in the Birmingham papers online at this time.
Getting the death certificate above will tell you how he died, but I haven't been able to find anything else. He should be on the 1911 Census and he is.

Maurice
Susi,

Maurice
Thank you Maurice I do have all that information and I do know how he died. I will find the information that I am looking for from family descendants if I am fortunate to find any.

I have been researching family history for many years now and find that the surname Wilshire is very often a misrepresentation of the name Wiltshire.
Regards Paul Wiltshire.

Back