• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Williams family in Aston 1900 through to 50's

Hi,
I'm researching the Williams family - Many of the family are connected with Aston through the first 50 years of 1900's - My first connection I have is 1904 to 1916 8/20 Whitehead street, Aston, with George Williams and Elizabeth had 10 children Charles,George, Allan, Elizabeth, Harold, Maud, Doris, Joan Albert & Horace Then moved to 4/110 Park Lane Aston. George & Elizabeth later moved to Erdington but some of the family lived in the area. I know that Harold & George lived in Tower Road when married.

Also connected with the Williams family are Chambers, Priest, Nicholson. Heeks, Cutler, Brookes, Potts, Morgan, Gouer & Hobbs.

Thanks 8)

Anthony Williams
My grandmother is Joyce Williams, her father was William Williams. Her mother Hilda Smith who passed away when my gran was 9ish .
William Williams mother, owned the sweet shop on the corner of Victoria road .

I am stuck from there

Thanks Annette walton

My grandmother is Joyce Williams, her father was William Williams. Her mother Hilda Smith who passed away when my gran was 9ish .
William Williams mother, owned the sweet shop on the corner of Victoria road .

I am stuck from there

Thanks Annette walton
Marriage 1924 St. peter and ST Paul, Aston
March 8th 1924
William Williams age 28 Warehouse man, 25 Alfred Street. father William occupation.Fitter
to Hilda Smith age 21 also of Alfred Street, father John.
Edgar Smith Williams brother was one of the witnesses.

1911 , 25 Alfred street.
Williams Williams, age 40 Fitter , b Selly Oak, Worcs.
Mary Ann age 40 b Aston
Emily age 18 b. Aston
William age 16 b Aston
Edgar age 13 b Aston

MARRIAGE
St clements Nechells , March 29th 1891
William Williams age 20 , Fitter, 41 Cuckoo Road, father william , metal roller
Mary Ann Hall age 19 , 7 Argyle street, father Henry (deceased)

Hi everyone, especially Astonian, My great uncle may be Kenny Williams, he was a great swimmer but a better boxer? Of Victoria road?
My grandad is Charles James Williams, Kennys older brother, they had 2 other brothers Alan and Keith (the youngest), My grandad was known as WAG, He married my nan June previously Ashmore (Ashmores shop) Ida Ashmore was my great aunt she worked in the shop.
My grandad went to Upper thomas Street boys School, before it was bombed.
He played for and coached Newtown Unity in their glory days.

I Hope to hear back off anyone who remembers either the Ashmores or Willaims from Victoria Rd, Kenny did run the boxing clubs Kingshurst way later on.
Regards and Happy new year

I can add my grandad was born in 1929,
My great nan Gert was an orphan along with her brother Jimmy I believe.

Ashmores who owned a grocers I believe, were mainly girls, Ida being the eldest and Jack the only boy being the youngest. Like I say my grandad married June Ashmore.

Cheers

just moving this post from member luke
Anyone remember Charles James Williams known as Wag of Aston Victoria rd, later Rocky lane when my mom Kim was about, He and my mom talk of Summer Lane alot, He played for Newtown Unity and then later trained them, He married June Ashmore, her father ran Ashmores grocers on "Summer Lane" would it have been?
Ida worked the shop the eldest daughter.
He was in Palestine not long after the war. My nan June was a florist.
I will find the Newtown photos, they won a lot back then, he does have a scrap book somewhere.
Regards

Back