• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Williams, Alice May married to John Ernest Young 1939

Suy

proper brummie kid
Hello,

I am searching for information on Alicia Mary Williams, however, her name might also be Alice May Williams. She married John Ernest Young around the late 1930s and they had a daughter named Diane in 1943. At this time they were living in Membury Road. I am looking for Alicia/Alice and her parents, grandparents, etc.

I would be grateful for any information.
Many thanks,
Susan.

You may already know this - If you obtain a copy of their marriage certificate it will have the names of their Fathers.

There is a birth registered Oct 1916 (fits with 1939 reg) of an Alice M Williams mmn is Harris.

Last edited:
Hi Janice,

Thank you, I will have a look at that lead.

At the moment I have the birth certificate of Diane Young which is where I got her mother's maiden name: Alicia Mary Williams. However, I can not find any birth records for Alicia Mary (I've only looked in the UK).
So I looked for the marriage certificate for Alicia Mary Williams and John Ernest Young. I only found one for Alice May Williams and John Ernest Young married in 1939. Here, Alice's father's name was William Charles Williams.

May I ask which site you used to search for Alice M Williams?

Many thanks,
Susan

Ancestry. I found the marriage and it also gave me 1939 reg (Aldridge I think not a Birmingham address) with dates of birth. I then searched for births and one I found was Alice M - no idea if it is the right one. I did also look for a baptism.

Last edited:
Back