• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

William Trotter

Trotter

I am trying to trace anyone who new William Trotter. He was a Sales Ledger Clerk in 1939. He was married to a Ada Mary Trotter nee Stanley who died in 1949. He originally came from Rochdale Lancashire and had son called Gordon Stanley Trotter. He worked at Dunlop from before 1939 to after 1949. In 1939 he lived in Bromford Crescent Erdington. Any help appreciated.

Last edited:
Are you interested in William Trotters ancestry.
William Trotter was born in November 1895 Manchester.
I have found him in 1901
16 Barclay Street Manchester
they are lodgers
Annie Trotter, age 25, single,
William age 5 and Annie age 2.( I was unable to find birth for this Annie)
My thinking was that as with many single mother births the father was
a figment of his mothers imagination
except for Williams marriage

He married Ada Mary Stanley 26 June 1920
St Clements, Greenheys, Manchester
William Trotter age 24 Salesman father William Trotter deceased Barber
Ada Mary Stanley age 22 father Rudolf ,Upholsterer
One of his witnesses was an Amy Trotter.

I found a birth for an Amy Trotter, Oct 19th 1898 baptised in Manchester
father William a Hairdresser and mother looks like Amy, address again 16 Barclay Street.
The enumerator on 1901 must have got the names wrong.

I looked for Amy Trotter senior and found marriage in 1907 to William Burke
they married in 1907 but may have been in relationship for longer
They married in 1907 Manchester and her name was Amy Trotter . widow, father Thomas Newsham deceased.I have found her birth but there is no marriage to a William Trotter.
In 1911.
William Burke age 36 coal miner
Amy age 35
William age 15
Amy age 12
Catherine 8
Alice 5
Elizabeth 3
Elenor 1
all childrens surname Burke.

Hi Alberta Yes you have correct William Trotter and thank you for taking an interest in my inquiry. I am already aware of this time before he came to Birmingham. I am trying to find any descendants of his. He had a son born in 1924, a Gordon Stanley Trotter who died in Birmingham in 1963 living at what looks like 83 Elmfield Avenue Birmingham as shown on his probate form. He married a Doreen Buttery in 1947 in Birmingham. Although being married named Trotters on their wedding certificate they change their name to Scott. They had a son Anthony G Scott in 1952 who we believe died in 2015 but leaves a son "Tony Scott". This is the person we are trying to contact. Without any success. William Trotter had half sisters in the "Burke" family but none of their descendants are aware of the reason why contact was lost or why the name was changed to Scott. Any further help would be appreciated. Regards Eddie

From online electoral rolls (which only give some years and only go up to 1965) Gordon and Doreen are at 83 Elmfield avenue in 1952 (but not in 1950) up to 1962. In 1962 Fanny L.Buttery is also listed, and she is still there with Doreen in 1965.
In 1947 Gordon is listed at 6 Bromford Crescent, where William,and Ada Mary Trotter had been listed since 1935 (but not in 1930)
(Corrected for date )

Hi Thank you for your interest and this information. We contacted this site in the hope that someone who had worked at Dunlop would remember them. Everything we have been told is correct but no information as to where they are now. We do not even have a death date for William. Again thank you for your interest. Regards

Trotter,

Anthony G SCOTT was born in Meriden, mother's name BUTTERY, in 3 Qtr 1952 Vol 9c Page 1187.

The 1952 Electoral Roll would be based on information collected in October 1951.

Anthony G. SCOTT married Valerie P GOUGH in 4 Qtr 1975 at Solihull Vol 34 Page 0136

There are the following deaths with probate in 2015:-
Anthony George SCOTT died 17 February 2015 and
Anthony Graham SCOTT died 5 May 2015.
Neither died in the Midlands area.

There are five births to a SCOTT with mother's maiden name of GOUGH, but none of them are called Tony. Because we are now dealing with people who may be still alive and we have a duty of data privacy, any further discussions must be via private message (conversation).

EDIT: I have sent a private message to you. Click on the envelope symbol at the top of the page to read it.

Maurice :cool:

Last edited:
Back