• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

WILLIAM SOUTHAM

BirdyGirl

Hello,
I am new to the site so forgive me if this is the wrong place! I am researching Southam which appears on my fathers maternal side. I am particularly interested in my 2xgrt grandfather William Southam who was crushed to death by his horse and cart in March 1894 in Bristol Road, Birmingham. I wondered whether it was reported in the Birmingham Press. I have checked National Archives online and British Newspapers but nothing comes up. I wondered whether there was a better source located in Birmingham. I cant imagine it went unreported but perhaps it did. Thank you.:)

Only the Birmingham post is in the archive for march 1894, and for some reason the search did not pick up his name. But going through references for bristol road in march produced the following on 10.3.1894

Birm post 10.3.1894.jpg

Back