• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

William Joseph Crump

I have just checked and there are 2 Harriet Crump on the 1920 reg but I have no idea which might be your Harriet. On the baptism of their son William Joseph the address is 6 Wes(t)ley Street - where Harriet was in 1911.
Thank you for your help
I thought she married Martin Parkes in Oct 1939 - marriage as Elizabeth M. Without certs no idea - too late for Birmingham online marriages which stop at 1937.
thank you for your help

The funny thing about the name "CRUMP" It is not that common a name, When I moved to the USA in 1957 I was interested in Jazz music, There was a LosAngeles California Radio jazz station, they had a disc jockey name Don CRUMP!! Well, I called the station and talked to him one day, told him I was a "CRUMP" Oh he said, he and his family are from the south USA they own several restaurants there, so I said "Well you could be a relative then" he said probably not, our family is Negros!! or Blacks, as they are now, called. Apparently, slave owners. raped their slaves and their children took the last surname of the owner.

Last edited:
Back