• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

William J Downing

kc

master brummie
hi
hope you can help im looking some info regarding William j downing he was born in 1895 abt in bilston he married Florence e harris who was born in Birmingham they got married in wales abt 1920
thanks kc

On the 1939 register he (William Joseph) is listed in the Llanelly borough with Florence & 1 other (record is closed).

Death registered Feb 1990, Llanelly. Dob 29th June 1895.

Death registered for Florence Elizabeth, Sep qtr 1981 Llanelly. Dob 5th August 1899.

William Joseph Downing b 1895 Tipton
parents John Thomas Downing/Harriett Churchill m Wolverhampton 1894
1911 11Wellington St. Shotton. Flint
John Thomas dDwning age 39 b Tipton Shearer in Sheet mill
Harriet age 35 b Bilston
William joseph age 15 Tipton
Dora May age 10 birmingham
Ivy age 4 Shotton
John thomas age 3 Shotton
Harriet May age 1 Shotton
Joseph Henry Jones age 39 b. Tipton Boarder Joiner in colour works
Lizzie May age 27 b Tipton,boarder
Joseph h Jones m Lizzie May Churchill 1908 Aston
In 1901 boarding at 514 Green Lane , Bordesley.

hi
hope you can help im looking some info regarding William j downing he was born in 1895 abt in bilston he married Florence e harris who was born in Birmingham they got married in wales abt 1920
thanks kc
Hi William and florence have any children thank you

Hi William and florence have any children thank you

Difficult to be certain. There are a number of Downing/Harris children registered but there are other Downing/Harris marriages as well.

William & Florence's marriage was registered in LLanelly and that is where they are in 1939 and where their deaths are registered.

There are no Downing/Harris children registered in LLanelly or anywhere close, so if they didn't move and then come back, I would say they probably didn't have any children.

I couldn't find any with any degree of certainty either. Did you find them on the 1921?
I was going to see if William or Florence left a will in case children were named.

I was expecting that they might be LLanelly but I can't find them. William's parents and some siblings are though so they still might be but recorded incorrectly.

Also Found a probate record For Florence

Attachments

• gbor_govprobate_1981_d002464-downie-1981-2.jpg
    gbor_govprobate_1981_d002464-downie-1981-2.jpg
    830.8 KB · Views: 1
Back