• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

William Humphries

MWS

master brummie
The baptisms for Ann Millward Merry and Harriet Middleton in Redditch with mother Frances and no father listed seem to match the possible facts for Frances's daughters but there's no guarantee it's them.

Sometimes you have to take everything you've found out and just decide to include them or not. And hope that in the future other records become available to prove or disaprove it.

evacar52

master brummie
There are a number of trees on Ancestry that have Harriet Merry in them. Most list Frances Merry as her mother and giving Frances' only husband as John Molesworth.

There is one that lists Henry Merry as her husband and there is one that lists Harriet's mother as Frances Unk. This one lists Frances Unk's birth as 1801 in Warwickshire, which from the censuses would appear to be incorrect.

None list Frances Merry's parents so I'd guess the details they have for her have come from census records.

Always best not to take what other people put in their trees until you confirm it.
Yes I agree to look for the documents and details as there are many inconsistencies in family trees. Frances Merry from the census records was born in Redditch which is in Worcestershire so the Frances Unk would be a different person. As well, I have the death certificate from GRO for Frances (Merry) Molesworth and she dies at the age of 71 in 1878 so that would make her birth year 1908.

evacar52

master brummie
The baptisms for Ann Millward Merry and Harriet Middleton in Redditch with mother Frances and no father listed seem to match the possible facts for Frances's daughters but there's no guarantee it's them.

Sometimes you have to take everything you've found out and just decide to include them or not. And hope that in the future other records become available to prove or disaprove it.
Yes, good advice.