• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

William Henry Boyce Service in South Africa

Ron Rogers

master brummie
Does any one have access to the UK Military Campaign Medals and Awards Roll 1793-1949?

I am trying to trace a veteran who served in the Australian Army in WW!, in his attestation papers he stated that he had served in/with the South African Corps ?? for 2 and 1/2 years,

William Henry Boyce born 1887 in St Marys Parish Dover Kent

He is in the 1901 census living with his father /mother and siblings

an entry for a William Henry Boyce appears in the above UK MCMAR this may be him ?

Thank you for your help

Ron Rogers

is this the record you're after? - as you say the William born in Dover Kent is only aged 14 on 1901 census and living in Kent with his parents so I doubt he is the one who served in the Boar War, do you have any more information that would help us to trace the correct person?

UK, Military Campaign Medal and Award Rolls, 1793-1949

Name:
William Henry Boyce
Campaign or Service:
South Africa - Second Boer War
Service Date:
1899-1902
Service Location:
South Africa
Regiment or Unit Name:
9th Contingent New Zealand
Regimental Number:

Hi Bewdley,

Thanks for checking the record for me, It eliminates that WH Boyce on reading his Australian army papers again it my be that he joined the South African Army at some time and was retrenched from that army ?.
Where he went after that is a matter for more research.
again thank you for the info

Regards

Ron

Back