• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

William F Lloyd - Walsall Central Police Station ~1900s-1930s

pearlyred

Brummie babby
Hi all, wondering if anyone has any information or sources for the Central police station in Walsall, circa 1900's to 1939? I believe this is the old station that was near the top of High Street/Goodall Street.

My great grandfather William Frederick Lloyd (born 1876) is listed as a Police Constable in the 1901 census. In the 1911 census he's listed as head-of-house at the central police barracks, 9 High Street, Walsall, with his wife and children. At that time he was a police sergeant. I believe the family lived there until he retired, sometime prior to the 1939 census.

I'm hoping to dig up any information or photo's that may be available. Since he ran the station somewhat, I assume there may be some photo's of him hidden away somewhere.

Many thanks

Back