• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

William Charles Hill

Z

Zito

I'm on the hunt for info on the Hill family.

Here is what I have.
William Charles Hill (married in Solihull 1899)
1st. Wife Florence Julia Dixon (married in Solihull1899) died around 1909
2nd. Wife Unknown

1st. Child female: Winifred Hill (mother Florence Julia Dixon )

2nd. Child female: Beatrice Florence Hill (mother Florence Julia Dixon)
Born 15 May 1904 Birmingham, Great Britain
Died 17 Aug 1995 Niagara Falls, New York USA
My direct Grandma.
School Attended: (taken form school records directly handed down to me from my mother.

City of Birmingham Education Committee
Dennis Road CouncilSchool (Upper Department)
Report for Term ending November 30th. 1911
Report for Term ending March 29th. 1912
Report for Term ending July 19th. 1912

City of Birmingham Education Committee
MOSELEY C.E. GIRL'S SCHOOL
Report for Term ending March 14th. 1913

3rd. Child female: Mary Ann Hill (mother 2nd. wife unknowed of William Charles Hill)

My grandma's stepmother ran a boarding house and her father (William Charles Hill) worked for a car company. The family visited Canada and my grandma and Winifred stayed while William, his second wife and Mary Ann returned to England.

I would love to know any and all info, pictures of places included.

Thanx to all,
Zito

Have you tried emailing Eric Hill one of our forum members, he might be able to help you? have a look on the members list, from there you should be able to mail him.

Hi Zito, what other info have you got on William? Birth and town of birth etc? I will have a look at my info in the meantime and check dates on a William that I know I have somewhere.

Eric :D

We know that William Charles Hill worked in the Auto Industry and came as a visitor to the USA (Detroit we believe) on business, and then to Toronto, Canada sometime between 1913 and 1921 and then returned to England.
(Stories from my grandmother. The dates are guesses based on the above school records and my grandmothers marrage in Canada in 1921)

Winifred and Beatrice elected to stay in Toronto, Canada when William, his second wife and Mary Ann (Queenie) went back to England.

Winifred married a man with the sur name of Copeland (sp?) and stayed in Toronto, Canada.

Beatrice married a William George Keetch from Musknoka Ontario, Canada and migrated to Niagara Falls, New York, USA.

This is all we know.

Hi Zito, sorry to say, I have checked all of my Hill records and have nothing on your William Charles. I will have a look around and try to find pictures of the Schools for you.

Eric

Zito

Please get in touch I am Beatrice's Cousin, William Charles Hill was my uncle, my Mother was Uncle Will's youngest Sister.

We would love to contact you. The information you posted has already ben added to The Family Tree, whic you can view.

Back