• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

William and Rosehannah Waite, Wold Walk, Hall Green.

sue griffiths

proper brummie kid
William and Rosehannah Waite were shopkeepers and lived at 9 Wold Walk, Hall Green, Birmingham. They were known to be there between 1939 and 1955. Had a son Bernard J and daughter Dorothy E. Has anyone any information on the family or type of shop that they ran. An information greatfully received.

The nearest online directory is 1940 but there is no trade entry nor shopkeeper entry for W or R Waite. There is an Annie Waite and also a Roland Waite. That is all.
I used a Birmingham directory but some parts of Hall Green came under Worcestershire and I am not sure when they changed

Last edited:
I cannot find Wold Walk in directories, though William Waite is listed as at Wold Walk in the online 1945 electoral rolls , which I thought only covered Birmingham

At 9 Wold Walk on e rolls (not all years are online):
1939, 1945 & 1950 William and Kathleen
1957 has William and Eva
In 1935 William and Kathleen are at 1 Brunswick Place, Coventry Road, Yardley.

There is a marriage in 1932 of William Waite to a Kathleen Milner and in 1953 to an Eva Waite (possibly already changed name to his??)
1939 register has William, Kathleen, Dorothy E and one blanked out name at 9 Wold walk - he is listed as store keeper (heavy work) - I would have taken this to be a store keeper in a factory or similar rather than a shop keeper but I may be wrong.

Rosehannah Waite appears on the 1950 e roll at 105 Speedwell Road with Ernest and Dorothy E Morley (is this the former Dorothy e Waite??)

Back