• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

William and Matilda Allen

down-under

Brummie from Down-Under
Hello
I go to bed after I posted my replies and come back to 3 pages, well done Shera. :) My next move was to look for a Matilda Beard marriage with the Beard from Evesham lodging with the family.

Pam

Joanna

master brummie
Just logged in as I saw this! I am tracing the Beard family tree. Matilda's father William is my boyfriends great-great-great grandfather :)

negritaspider

TunisianBrummie
Shera,
our posts crossed - the merge was for the 1861 info.
How do you get all this so quick?
I am gobsmacked:sick:
I spend hours searching and you do it in minutes????!!

Anything for the Allens in 1851 :D

Hi Shera,
Think I've finally found William Allens' parents - William Allen and Harriet ?
Marriage St Leonards, bridgenorth......got it from IGI (the only one that fits area and timewise :rolleyes:)
But I can't find them on the 1841 / 1851 census'....
Can you find anything for me??

negritaspider

TunisianBrummie
Just logged in as I saw this! I am tracing the Beard family tree. Matilda's father William is my boyfriends great-great-great grandfather :)

Hi Joanna,
Haven't got much further with this side yet - but have found Sarah (William's wife) Pratley's birth in Leafield, Oxfordshire off the IGI in 1808 - hope this helps!

BEV FIRMAN

Brummie babby
Is this a possibility?

1881 Birmingham
6 Norfolk Street

With The Robinson family

William Allen age 50 Lodger Shoemaker Worcestershire

Matilda Allen age 45 Evesham Worc dressmaker
Collin son age 18 Birmingham Box maker
Ellen dau age 14 Button Maker birmingham
Joseph son age 10 Birmingham
Edith age 7 Birmingham

Pam

BEV FIRMAN

Brummie babby
Hi Joanna,
Haven't got much further with this side yet - but have found Sarah (William's wife) Pratley's birth in Leafield, Oxfordshire off the IGI in 1808 - hope this helps!
Hi
On looking for my ancestors ,I noticed a relative of mine lived at 9 NORFOLK ST
possibly next to your family....small world
kind regards
Bev