• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Wilkins Catherine (Kate) /Fenemore/Harley

Mike Fisher

Billesley Boy
I have Catherine Wilkins born 1834 Buckinghamshire she marries John Fenemore in 1852 Buckingham.
They had three children John born Rotherham, Thomas born Mexbrough & Charles Henry in Stamford LIN before appearing in Birmingham for the 1871 census.
Her husband dies 1887 and she marries as Kate Fenemore in 1888 to Thomas Harley.
In 1891 census they are living in Cheapside. Kate Harley age 60.

In freeBMD there is a death for Thomas Harley ,dec 1895 Birmingham.

I can find no trace Kate after the 1891 census entry :(

have her in the 1841/51/61/71/81/91 censuses

Re: Catherine (Kate) Wilkins/Fenemore/Harley

Hi there,there is this on Free BMD
Marriages June 1896
Wilkins Catherine Martha
Birmingham vol 6d page 2

I am on ancestry will take a look for yu.. My father was Wilkins original from black country or Nottingham or Northampton not 100% sure.. My dad live in Great Barr Scott Arms before moving to Oswestry and sadly died in 1994 with cancer..Kind Regards Sue Rushton

The Catherine Martha Wilkins who married George Ankorn in 1896 was born 1871 Birmingham so not yours Mike.(Have sent you PM hope you look in to the forum soon)

Katherine Harley married William Odell in 1896 (Dec qtr) Aston
1901 they are in Garrison street, William 74 b Aldermaston and Kate 70 b Stowe Buckinghamshire.

In 1911 Alcester street age 80 the home of her son Thomas Finnemore age 51 and his wife Hannah.

Catherine Odell died in 1921 age 91.

Last edited:
I will look back on his Ancestry site I know there is Scottish connections on his side.. he married my nan Winnifred Kate who was Phillips they were from montgomeryshire..Dad was born in harbourn so an aunt told me..Also Looking for Collett, from Aston in Brum..McDonald, Irish and Scottish connections..The Obrien, Brum and Irish but the Smith/ Hartley have some Jewish connection..thanks Suex

My gdad was her son.
He married Edna Edith Jones in smethich.
He died 1950s George David pat Barbara Brian Jennifer .
My dads dod is 17,05,1950.
We moved to Devon in 1983,from bleakneal.
I have a realy old photo.from then.
Many thx

I will look back on his Ancestry site I know there is Scottish connections on his side.. he married my nan Winnifred Kate who was Phillips they were from montgomeryshire..Dad was born in harbourn so an aunt told me..Also Looking for Collett, from Aston in Brum..McDonald, Irish and Scottish connections..The Obrien, Brum and Irish but the Smith/ Hartley have some Jewish connection.
Hi - if you are still receiving updates, my dad is a Collett and grew up in Aston.

Back