• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

wiilliams family Handsworth and Aston

williams

master brummie
:crazy2: Hi , surnames i'm researchingare Williams, Baldwin, Parkes ,Spencer & Brittain. The last address of my Father Charles Williams was In 1918,he married my mother May baldwin in December that year. He was living at Spring Gardens, Victoria rd. Handsworth, my Mothers address is given as Cope st.  In 1901 census my father had 4 siblings

Annie Rose 10
Laura Jane 9
Thomas george 6
Charles  4 ( my Dad)
Ethel 2
His Grandmother was married before, her surname then was Harper, her Maiden name was Brittain, she was born in Ludlow Shropshire.
If anyone recognises any of the names i would love to hear from them

Parkes

Hi, williams. I was born in 1957 at 37 Cranby Street Saltley. My mom and dad rented a room from Sam and Rose Parkes. If this rings any bells, post back and I'll help if I can.

Hi Paul, The names you mention do'nt ring a bell, not in 1957. Mary Jane parkes married my g/father Thomas Williams in 1890, i have'nt got beyond the 1901 census for the Parkes family. Mary Janes father was named Andrew and they hailed from Bristol. Not sure if this is any help. Regards Jackie

Parkes

Ok, williams. Just thought Id let you know. If you do get any connection, let me know. I managed to get in touch with the daughter, Jacqui Parkes recently after more than 40 years!

Hi
my williams tree is from Alma street Aston with William James who had tommy billy Maud and my dad Leonard (B1925)
if any help

williams family

Hi Colin, I'm not sure if your family line is related, My father was Charlie Williams born 1896, he had siblings, Annie rose b 1891, Laura Jane 1892, Thomas George 1895, Ethel 1899. I've no idea if there are any family after 1901. The last address for my Father was 1918 Spring Gardens Victoria road Handsworth, that was just before he married my Mum. Sorry about the delay in replying, i have'nt been on site for a few days. Regards Jackie:)

Back