• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Wigley John

jpritcha

proper brummie kid
:encouragement: Hello all again, Searching for my ancestors who came from Lady Wood Birmingham England. Both are named John Wigley which is interesting as one came from Scotland born around 1796 and married a Mary Ann Smith at St. Martins Birmingham they appeared in the 1851 census, and the other also born around 1796 and married a Harriet Porter in 1824 St. Martins Birmingham this ancestor I am connected to through their son George Henry Wigley :encouragement:. Having a hard time in finding out where he came from, he and wife Harriet didn't appear in the 1851 census with children they are living with eldest brother John and wife Elizabeth.:sorrow: I hope they are connected in some way as they lived in Lady Wood Birmingham.:encouragement:

Janet

Re: John Wigley

Hi janet
yes there was sibbling living in ladywood my wife recall them and my sister inlaw madelin was a big great friend to monica wigley
it was around the clark street and freeth street ladywood they was very good friends for years ; i will contact my sister inlaw for more information ; have a nice day best wishes astonian ;;

Great to receive your message Astonian and find out more interesting news.

Janet:encouragement:

Hello Astonian still waiting for your reply to my message:miserable: trying so hard to find this family,:fatigue:

Regards,
Janet

Hello and good morning janet;
nice to hear from you again it must have been awhile since i last seen you on the forum,
I myself have not been on as often as i used to be oweing to personal bussiness of course and never expected you to come back on, but yes i am glad you have come back
yes the last time you was on i emediately spoke to my wife and mentionioned your name and family name
as yes she and maderline remembers you ; and the family from the old days in ladywood maggie;the sister
she his the oldest and hilda and teresa my wife from clarke street ;
maggie lives in nuneaton ; andi spoke to her as well ;and emeiately we started to speak about the familys of the old days up and around hyde rd ladywood as well we had a good laugh at the carrying on,s with certainfamilys around that time ;
we live in worcestershire our selves now and have done so for the last thirteen years
janet if you want to you can email me through the forum notification and i will give you teresa,s em
or maddies telephone number or i can relay them to tess or maderline what ever you want to do
or i can asked her the questions you want to know ;
janet i look foreward to hearng from you again sooner or later ;
best wishes astonian;;; alan ;;;;

Hello and good morning janet;
nice to hear from you again it must have been awhile since i last seen you on the forum,
I myself have not been on as often as i used to be oweing to personal bussiness of course and never expected you to come back on, but yes i am glad you have come back
yes the last time you was on i emediately spoke to my wife and mentionioned your name and family name
as yes she and maderline remembers you ; and the family from the old days in ladywood maggie;the sister
she his the oldest and hilda and teresa my wife from clarke street ;
maggie lives in nuneaton ; andi spoke to her as well ;and emeiately we started to speak about the familys of the old days up and around hyde rd ladywood as well we had a good laugh at the carrying on,s with certainfamilys around that time ;
we live in worcestershire our selves now and have done so for the last thirteen years
janet if you want to you can email me through the forum notification and i will give you teresa,s em
or maddies telephone number or i can relay them to tess or maderline what ever you want to do
or i can asked her the questions you want to know ;
janet i look foreward to hearng from you again sooner or later ;
best wishes astonian;;; alan ;;;;

Good Afternoon Astonian, haven't received any messages lately, please keep in contact with the John Wigley family.

Janet

Good Morning Astonian, hope this finds you all well, still searching for my family John Wigley and wife Harriott would love to complete this family, have been very close with another John Wigley who also settled in the same area, hoping they are related in some way. Take care.

Janet

Good Morning Astonian, hope this finds you all well, still searching for my family John Wigley and wife Harriott would love to complete this family, have been very close with another John Wigley who also settled in the same area, hoping they are related in some way. Take care.

Janet
Janet, unfortunately Astonian is no longer with us.

Janet, unfortunately Astonian is no longer with us.
Good Afternoon Richard, so sorry to read your message, I was so trying hard to find John Wigley and family who lived in Ladywood Birmingham, another John Wigley also lived in the same Street, he was married a Mary Wigley (Smith) I was so sure they were connected, as their children names were identical and trade smiliar. Please Keep in touch if you find out anything. My John Wigley and wife Mariann came out to Australia onboard the ship Netherbye which sank near Kings Island near Tasmania.
Regards,
Janet

Good Afternoon Richard, so sorry to read your message, I was so trying hard to find John Wigley and family who lived in Ladywood Birmingham, another John Wigley also lived in the same Street, he was married a Mary Wigley (Smith) I was so sure they were connected, as their children names were identical and trade smiliar. Please Keep in touch if you find out anything. My John Wigley and wife Mariann came out to Australia onboard the ship Netherbye which sank near Kings Island near Tasmania.
Regards,
Janet
Hello Janet, I am not that familiar with Ladywood although I am sure we have some members that might help you.

Good Morning Richard, I am sorry to read that Astonian passed away he was helping me with the John Wigley ancestors, I don't know much about Birmingham area's but I think they lived in Nelson Street ladywood, I have downloaded their house photo that they lived in. I am hoping that their children will search also.
Thanking you,
Janet

Back