• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

wiggett

star43

master brummie
I have a Joseph Wiggett born abt 1810 in Tanworth, Warwickshire. He married Mary Lester from Beoley, Worcestershire. In the 1841 census he is listed as Jos Wiggett, living with Mary, An, Elizh and Jenn. I would like to find him in the 1851 census but am not having much luck. Could anyone have a look and see if they are more successful. Thanks

Sheriff

proper brummie kid
Hi,

My G Grandmother is Jane Wiggett who was born in Lapworth in 1876. She was 1 of 13 and the family came from Tanworth and Lapworth.

Steve

star43

master brummie
Hi Steve,

Good to find another Wiggett from Tanworth - I was beginning to think I was out there on my own!! Would be good to see if there is any family connection. My G G Grandfather was Thomas Wiggett born 1878 in Northfield. His father was Frederick Wiggett born 1841 in Alvechurch. Then his father was Joseph Wigget born abt 1805 in Tanworth.(as far as I know Joseph was one of 3 children) - hopefully there will be some link there. How far have you managed to go back with your Wiggetts?

Stella

ladylinda

master brummie
Hi, this couldn't be the family,could it?
Wiggett James 42 born Tanworth, Warwickshire Agricultural Labourer
Wiggett Ann 21 Daughter born Yardley
Wiggett Thomas 12 born born Solihull, Farm Labourer
Wiggett William 9 born Solihull
Wiggett Sarah 7 born Solihull,
Wiggett George 4 born Solihull,
living at Shirley Heath, Solihull, Warwickshire
(HO107/2071)
POssible death?
Deaths Mar 1851
WIGGETT Mary Stratford 16 439
(The district Stratford is an alternative name for Stratford upon Avon and it spans the boundaries of the counties of Gloucestershire, Warwickshire and Worcestershire)
by the way, the youngest child on the 1841 was James

star43

master brummie
Joseph did have a brother called James born about 1810 in Tanworth. There is a James in the 1841 census married to Easter! (Esther) with children called Sarah, Ann, Thomas, William and Martha, who are still living in Tanworth. I don't really know whether this is Joseph's brother or not as I am just guessing and hoping it is the right family!!!!!

Sheriff

proper brummie kid
Hi Stella,

James and Esther are Jane Wiggetts grandparents. James Wiggett was born in about 1791 Esther about 1811. They married at St Martin in 1831. Thomas is the father of Jane. I believe Esther's surname is Hunt, I found a marriage record on the IGI site. James Wiggett's parents are Thomas Wiggett and Martha. I have encountered several different spellings of Wiggett.
From IGI I found the christening records for James and Ann's children;
Thomas - Christening: 20 MAY 1838 Shirley, Warwick, England
William - Christening: 23 MAY 1841 Shirley, Warwick, England
Sarah - Christening: 06 AUG 1843 Shirley, Warwick, England
George - Christening: 14 FEB 1847 Shirley, Warwick, England

Thanks

Steve