• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Sarah Bradley, Why would someone be in Virginia in 1695?

sheri

master brummie
I found a Sarah Bradley (may be an ancestor) she was born in 1662 in Old Swinford, Worcs. - she may have gone to Gloucester but died in Virginia in 1695 age 33. Why would she have been there? Would she have been transported? Just interested. (I got this info from FamilySearch.
Many thanks,
Sheri

Barrie, thank you - it makes interesting reading - I wonder what she did? There's always another question isn't there.
Sheri

The poor soul had probably stolen a slice of bread because she was starving, they were cruel times Sheri.

Barrie

Sheri she could have possibly been on the mayflower 1620, but anyway she would have been amongst the earliest of the new world emigrants to the Carolinas and Virginia's English settlements. The New England ancestry society in the USA are very proud of their Ancestry and would welcome any enquiry's from the UK I am sure.
regards
paul

Thank you Barrie and Paul, I don't think she'd have been on the Mayflower as she wasn't born until 1662 in Old Swinford but a funny thing is that on the FamilySearch I found it said she was christened at St May DeCript Gloucester and then went to Virginia where she died. I suspect she is not one of mine but they were a big family.
Sheri

Back