• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Who,s this

dereklcg

master brummie
Just thought i,d try something a bit different.
As aposed to where's this how about who,s this?
the person on the right,famous the world over.
dereklcg

Last edited:
Is it a cut and paste picture ? If not, then he is holding his head in a most peculiar way. And what an earth are they both doing with their hands?
mike

The thing with the hands, is a body building pose isn't it? Its an old photo so what about Charles Atlas when he was younger?

Phil

Phil I thought that regards the hands and maybe the world or Atlass was the clue??. Think you maybe right. Guillbert you are probably correct about Bob Monkhouse I just looked at the gents features. Jean.

he is famous the world over, as he,s been around.
it,s not monkhouse or charles atlas or cameron,
it,s two fit lads poseing..Derek

Last edited:
Don't know who the one on the right is, but the guy on the left's a dead ringer for Sean from Coronation Street!

Hi there guys
i have just looked at the pic and its my conclusion
that the guy on the left is that aussie guy from neibours and now does the advert for iceland christmas add
and the one of the right i beleive its the sunday cook celeb programe on suday morning
i watch is programes of cooks whom he makes the challenge he is now a tall guy whom i like very much of his cooking
sorry but i cannot be more accurate that that both their names of the faces are in my mind and its really bugging me
i should be able to say but i just cannot get it of my tongue best wishes astonion

The imfo on the photo comes up as Minehead the time it was taken i would say was the 60s are we talking of an x red coat from Butlins??? Dek

Is he a footballer from Liverpool Derek I know you support them

Dek is right...Minehead and yes Butlins was or still is there. There were many coastal protection installations there from WW2 I suppose and behind in the picture it looks like such an installation. Does the lightened background help.

Hey Derek is this your good self in your youth you could be known world wide on this forum . Deka

Those leopard skin trunks really are something else.

Just a thought, instead of a world renowned entertainer could he have become something else. Mass Murderer, Politician, Banker or some such unsavory character.

Rupert I remember some derelict brick buildings at the eastern end of Minehead promenade, near to Butlins back in the 70's but they appear to have gone now.

Larry Adler?. Wendy he may be Alf when he was younger as I remember seeing a photo of him a while back?. Jean.

Winston Churchill.

Well Winston Churchill was born in 1874 and was 65 when he became Prime Minister at the start of the 2nd World War.

And if this picture was taken in the 1960s (or maybe 1950s) Winson Churchill would have been in his 70s or 80s at the time.

So if it is him he was wearing well !

Three off the wall suggestions:

(I have looked closely at the picture and cant say I recognize the face at all).

Arthur C Clarke (he was born and lived in Minehead - assuming the picture was taken in Minehead).

Ringo Starr - He played at Butlins Minhead before he joined the Beatles.

Ernie Wise - It does look a bit like him.

But I dont think it is any of them.

Back