• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Who remember these ??

No, Jean, you would have to change to a West Bromwich bus and I'm not sure of their route numbers now - possibly the no.2. It would have gone down Oak Lane past the W. Brom bus garage. Greets Green is between West Bromwich and Great Bridge.
I doubt you rode this one though - a pre-war Dennis with the only double deck bus body built in West Bromwich by Dixons, which went onto a later chassis after the war.

hello.are they the buses that went to westbrom?they look the the ones i got when i went to handsworth tech,along the soho rd
pete

The ones that I took on that route were a lot older than that. I think they used to buy pre-owned ones from Brum and re-paint them.

The ones that I took on that route were a lot older than that. I think they used to buy pre-owned ones from Brum and re-paint them.
They didn't actually do that, but they did keep their buses a long time!

Now for a change from all those double deckers. Here is a fine Daimler single decker (152) with the unusual back entrance favoured by West Bromich Corporation.

They used to run those buses between Sutton coldfied And West Bromwich No.25 and Alf we still have a single decker Midland red bus working in the Tamworth area great to see it

If you caught the 74 to Dudley, for a different way back the time was when you could walk from the Castle and Zoo to a trolleybus terminus in the town. Here a Wolverhampton Corporation trolleybus would take you quietly to Wolverhampton where a change to either a Walsall Corporation or a Wolverhampton trolleybus on a joint service would take you to Walsall where the Midland Red 118 would bring you back to Brum. This grand circular tour would set you back about 3/- (15p) in the late 1950's

Back