• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Who painted this picture?

I like the painting, my only criticism is the foreground car, it looks much to small, compare the size to the background figures also I find it distracting, I would have left it out, that's only my opinion of course. Eric

I like the painting, my only criticism is the foreground car, it looks much to small, compare the size to the background figures also I find it distracting, I would have left it out, that's only my opinion of course. Eric

talking about that car eric...just noticed the red painted letters on the side of it...just wondering if its an unusual way of the artist signing it

lyn

I have heard of him and seen his work (that tram is typical) but know nothing about his background or where he hails from. He is not listed in my Artists hand book. Eric

Seeing that photo reminded me I had bought an oil painting (I think) about 20 years ago, painted by L. Price.
It's about 7 in x 5 in, Has anybody heard of L. Price?

View attachment 150358.

rob i wonder if the tram no is made up or was it on the no 8 bus route...if so he could be a brummie artist..

lyn

I thought it was a lad on the bike but I now realise it is a woman by the figure and pony tail, she like the car is far to small and both feet together instead of one up and one down, I do not want to sound critical of an other wise good painting but as a painter myself I notice these things. Eric

I thought it was a lad on the bike but I now realise it is a woman by the figure and pony tail, she like the car is far to small and both feet together instead of one up and one down, I do not want to sound critical of an other wise good painting but as a painter myself I notice these things. Eric
They may not be to scale etc. but i could tell what they were,i liked the morris commercial truck. and wish i could paint as good

Last edited:
mw0njm, Yes everything else is in proportion, I cannot understand why he has made the car and cyclist so small. I still like the painting. Personally I would have left both the car and cyclist out of the painting as I finds it distracts from the main subject, the tram, which he has painted very well. Mind you I have made mistakes in the past but my late Wife (and critic) as spotted them and pointed them out. Easily done. Eric

Back