• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Who is This?

Michael_Ingram

gone but not forgotten
I am currently sorting out my boxes of stuff and found this photo. This shows a section from a cabinet photograph - a format first introduced about 1866 so there is a clue. This print probably dates fron the late 1860s but the photo was probably taken a few years before.
I know who it is, do you?

Last edited:
Sorry Wendy, not a George Dawson. He does look like George but I put that down to fashion or they avoided the same barber. They quite likely knew one another, however.
(George Dawson attached)

Hi Michael
Really pleased someone has got that .. it was doing my head in.. I have been googling brummies all afternoon..really enjoyed that thread
Maggie

Yes Baron. You're correct look at his sixth photo in on his avator.? Think he's having us on.? Jean.

Seriously I think its Washington Irving. I never really saw the face of the clippy on the 28 bus, I was too bust trying to jump off without paying!

Back