• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Who Do You Think You Are

Di was it Davina only that is the reason we didn't watch it. Sounds like we missed a good one. Jean.

Its the first time I have not checked the programmes in advance and I nearly missed it so I recorded it and watched the new series of Dragons Den:)

I missed it too Claire. I'd forgotten about it untill I saw this thread, and so then watched it on BBC iPlayer. Good one!

Ann

Hi all, i also watched the program and thought it was most enjoyable, although as she said it was so sad that her mom was not alive to have been involved in it. Who knows if you dig deep enough who could turn up to be you relative :)

Thanks for that Carolynn, I will hopefully not miss it.

Ann i have just tried to watch it on BBCi Player and it's cut me off half way threw and says not working come back GRRRRRRR got to the bit where she visits Upton Park, shall have to wait now till the repeat :(

Hi Carolyn,

If you go to User Control Panel, at top of page, right of home. Go to Edit Your Details, and then scroll down to Additional Information, there you will see Research Names. Fill that in with the names, seperating each name with a comma.
Hope I've told you correct. Give it a go!

Ann

Clare,

Never mind. If I had known that it was going to be repeated on Saturday, I wouldn't have bothered with the iPlayer!

Ann

Carolynn,

Glad I told you correct then. When you haven't done something for a while, you forget how you did it in the first place!

Ann

I thought the programme tonight was very entertaining about Bruce Forsythe's gt grandfather. It's always the way the most interesting are the ones who did not live by the "rules". How I would love the help they get on these programmes.

I thought the programme tonight was very entertaining about Bruce Forsythe's gt grandfather. It's always the way the most interesting are the ones who did not live by the "rules". How I would love the help they get on these programmes.
I Missed it - I will have to see if I can watch it on-line tomorrow.
Polly

I enjoyed the 'Brucie' programme too. It's a wonder that anyone can discover anything about their forebears when you take into account all the lies, deceits, forgery and fabrications that come to light only with the aid of highly expensive researchers.

It doesn't seem that ordinary, or amateur researchers stand much of a chance......many of these programmes seem to throw-up some form of criminal deception somewhere along the line.

From my own researches I've come across several 'suspicions' that people are 'other' than they thought themselves to be: mothers who turn out to be 'sisters'; Grandparents who are thought to be 'parents'; Aunts who are actually 'mothers' etc. Add to that the deliberate, and out-right 'criminal' attempts to deceive, and you begin to think it an impossible task to be sure of anything!

i think they should do a programme about our pollypops. :thumbsup: that would be so interesting and brilliant for the history of the ryland family in birmingham , but you have to be famous to star in the series :rolleyes:

John O I totally agree but sometimes a snippet comes to light and it makes your year, unlike the famous who have had it done for them. It's the best feeling in the world when you find something with your ancestors name on it. Especially when YOU have found it!

Shera I think our Polly should write a book!! they may take notice then.....:)

Back