• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE NEW SERIES 2019

JackWhitehall was a good one. With brum connections. His grandfather was brought up by an aunt in Blakesley Hall, and his great grandfather lived in Moseley road (am trying to work out exactly where, but nio numbering on 1871 census of moseley road

What a wonderful episode tonight Jack Whitehall and his father Michael
Sometimes sad, with an ancestor left orphaned , extremely interesting historically, and very amusing and with a bit of Brum with an ancestor living in Blakesley Hall.

I thought the death certificate for great grandfather gave a number Moseley Road but it was so quick that by the time I saw the road I missed the number.

There was no number as far as I could see. Have found him on the 1871, but there is no numbering of the road on it, so trying to work it ou

It is in Kellys , as well as the census. Quite a big house, so quite a successful commercial traveller - lots of money to spend on loose women.

and the house is still there - you can read the name1 easedale place moseley road, now alcester road.jpg

map c1889 showing 1 Easedale place moseley road.jpg

yes i enjoyed last nights episode...nice to have the brum connection as well...i see our eagle eyed detectives have been at work on this one :)

lyn

Sorry I have to disagree I found them quite obnoxious and worst one I have seen.
Not the best one I have seen but I enjoyed the Brum connection. The only thing I couldn't understand why have both of them together? We followed the Whitehall family which was the same for the two of them and then right at the end was a reference to Jack's mother's family. Surely this could have been an entirely new programme perhaps for a future edition. Just couldn't see the point of them being on the same episode tracing the same ancestors.

I tend to agree. Enjoyed content and Birmingham link but not sure why both were on. Felt Jack did a lot of talking and joking but Dad didn't say a lot.

really enjoyed this weeks episode...for me the best one so far..kate winslets 3x gt grandfather was at the wellington barracks in london which was also were my gt grandad was and both in the same regiment so it was nice to find out a little bit about it

lyn

Last edited:
Sorry Lyn...But I had to turn it off, I thought Kate Winslets seem to over act to the point where I got embarrassed by her ..

hi john i know what you mean but to be honest i dont really take much notice of the actual subjects in the programme i am more interested in their family history me being so nosy and all :D :D i found this one very interesting

lyn

Back