• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Who did you have on your bedroom wall... ?

Trevor...
1972-shirt.jpg

Not as old as me Sis.

Elvis on the ceiling, Kinks, Beach Boys, John Lennon, Eric Burdon (Animals), Otis Redding and the Nashville Teens on the walls.

Then I got Scarlet Fever and they all got burnt. sob sob

Maggie, those guys from the Nashville Teens were ugly hansome, if you know what I mean. Forgot Roy Orbison, Spencer Davis group and Rockin Berries.

Just browsing through all the different pics on bedroom walls, i never had any on mine,
maybe a bit of mould,lol my sister always had Cliff Richard and i always felt he was watching me,i see Trevor Francis and Hayley Mills in there certainly favorites with my brother,but no mostly mould in the boxroom

As a teenager I never had any on mine. When we were much younger, my brother and I would lie there bored, first picking off little bits of wallpaper and then digging holes in the sandy plaster with our finger nails! I must have been really bored !

Maurice

I was potty about flying (still am) so had pics of WW2 aircraft stuck all over my bedroom wall, mostly English. Funnily the only person I had on the wall was Charlie Chaplin, I so loved his short films (still do) Eric

josie those are great what a blast from the past and how wonderful that you still have some of your posters..wished i had kept mine now...

lyn

lyn didn't know i still had them but brought back some great memories must have tucked them away and forgot about them
josie

I know this is an old thread and I'm a lot younger than most of you, but I had loads of posters on my walls in the early '80's, like Duran Duran, Human League, Depeche Mode, my favourite band UB40, and the back of my bedroom door was covered in pictures of Bryan Robson, my favourite Baggies player.

I'm always amazed how much stuff I got in a tiny box room, I had my bed next to the window which my cat loved! A wardrobe, dressing table cum desk, bedside table with my lamp, book I was reading and radio, mom's old stereo record player and a beanbag! You could hardly move in there, but oh! I loved my teenage bedroom!

My earliest memories had photos of the Wombles on the wall, after that it tended to be whatever pop band was in fashion at the time. In later teen years through to adulthood and up to today it tends to be hobby related so photos of buses, trains and aircraft as well as animal photos especially rhinos. No wife (as yet) so nobody to object :D

Simon

I always wanted my bedroom walls painted bright red with a black ceiling. For some strange reason mommy & daddy said they would tar & feather me & make me sleep in the Anderson shelter if i did.

Back