• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Social history relevant to Birmingham

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Lyn, you've come up trumps again with that. So where did Mrs. Bulger live? I think that was the ladies name.

Where did they find al those 'posh, putting it on.' speakers? :)

The frightfully posh BBC accents were of its time. This Received Pronunciation is the accent traditionally regarded as the standard for British English, the story is its geographically neutral however, it’s a discussion that would need another thread.

not in birmingham but would think stories like this one were the same all over the country...you would think that all this happened many years ago but the bradley children in this video are most likely still living...some things dont change though as housing is still a big problem...maybe it will never change

not in Birmingham but would think stories like this one were the same all over the country...you would think that all this happened many years ago but the Bradley children in this video are most likely still living...some things don't change though as housing is still a big problem...maybe it will never change

Thanks lyn for posting.
housing is still a big problem...maybe it will never change... Its hard to believe Hovels are still being lived in today 2020.but they are.

and this one which has a tragic ending to living in a high rise..

lyn. when i lived in a high rise,i was fixing my car in the car park. and someone through something of the balcony. i thought scum bag. but when i went and had a look what is was it turned my stomach it was not an item.

of course you can carolina...i posted it as i find anything to do with social history very interesting no matter where it is

lyn

I agree Mort. Was intrigued by the brickmaker. As I see it the brick she is making is enormous! And in the shop counter , it looks like Black country people lived on CornFlakes

I agree Mort. Was intrigued by the brickmaker. As I see it the brick she is making is enormous! And in the shop counter , it looks like Black country people lived on CornFlakes
I found the brickmaking interesting also and would love to see more photos about the local brickmaking industry. She could have been making a decorative tile or slab.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back