• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

who are these pair???

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
after the last pic i posted i thought a bit of lightheartedness may be in order....

new year celebrations ...centinary square...1967...

i wonder who these two chaps are..i have no idea but a couple of members spring to mind...lol

astoness:)

Well its not me, as I would be soaking wet after my yearly swim in Chamberlain Square fountain, or had they started draining it then?

Phil

lol norma... i was hoping we could have a bit of a laff with this one...

lyn:):):)

i am all for that norma...just so long as my name isnt bought into it.....lol

lyn:)

oops:rolleyes:...think i will take cover...study the pic and put my take on it later on.....

lyn

If that scarf blue & white then it must be beamish looking for other fellow bluenoses on a cold new years eve.

lol baron...wouldnt it be funny if one of the members popped up and said..hey thats me your talking about....:)
lyn

Never mind who they are they are; the poor beggars are clearly being pursued by a load of BraWomen out on the pull and climbed the pole to get away:D

Not this Brawoman;)

I can recall walking through a crowd like that one New Year in the 50's, after seeing the year in at Springhill Ice Rink, I was with a lad who was pushing his motor scooter, I wouldn't get on it because he'd had one too many. :rolleyes: I always walked into town to catch my bus home.

hi di...funny how in those days we did not mind walking...i remember on more that one occasion we would walk hom from spring hill rollar rink instead of jumping the no 8...hoping one of these days someone will pop up and claim its them up the pole...lol

lyn:):):)

Back