• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Whitehouse

C.May

proper brummie kid
Hiya....New to forum
Looking to find info on my Mums family she was Maisie Whitehouse born 1935 in Edgbaston.Her parents were George Whitehouse and Clara Whitehouse née Styler.....all I know is that Clara passed away when my Mum was about 2yrs then George remarried to Rose that's about all I know.
Just hoping to find more info if at all possible.
Thanks!

Living at 160 Cohted Road on 1939 Register.

George and Clara married reg. 1936, after Maisie's birth. Clara died in 1940.

Clara was the grand daughter of a Harry Styler, the illegitimate daughter of one of his daughters. Probably Jessie as she is listed with her in 1921 (as Elwell).

Living at 160 Cohted Road on 1939 Register.

George and Clara married reg. 1936, after Maisie's birth. Clara died in 1940.
Thanks....I do have George and Clara's marriage certificate and read that George was married before to a Dolly Nelder....amazing what you find out

Clara was the grand daughter of a Harry Styler, the illegitimate daughter of one of his daughters. Probably Jessie as she is listed with her in 1921 (as Elwell).
That makes sense as on marriage certificate Clara doesn't have a father's name on it

George is a little more tricky. Possibly born Chasetown, son of William and Rebecca (Hunt) ?

So that doesn't rule him out then. Does it list an occupation for William, an Iron Worker perhaps ?

Back