• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Whisky A Go Go

i posted a few links yesterday about some groups of people called townies in the us ...in the links contained some choice words. of which i did not see,as i did not read it all. i am very sorry i affended you. if i had read the link before posting i would not have posted them. i do apologize. to you all

I am hoping that we can hold another reunion, ideally in the summer. I think that we could all do with it after all this.
Margate memories, anyone ?
Pete Witno, where are you ?

Good ‘Whiskey a gogo/mods’ reunion today considering the circumstances, weather, worry about covid, etc. Not a bad turn out, but I think that we all enjoyed it. Looking forward to the summer and if we can have another one.

View attachment 119965 Micky I do believe a book could be written about those times and the people of those iconic times even a film or TV series.
Any way Bugsy has organised another reunion on the 10th of December at The Old Contemptible Pub in Livery St. down the side of Snowhill Station from 2pm onwards. About 100 attended the last blast with also many of the girls also in attendance.

View attachment 119967

View attachment 119965 Micky I do believe a book could be written about those times and the people of those iconic times even a film or TV series.
Any way Bugsy has organised another reunion on the 10th of December at The Old Contemptible Pub in Livery St. down the side of Snowhill Station from 2pm onwards. About 100 attended the last blast with also many of the girls also in attendance.

View attachment 119967
Remember these girls….used to go to Oriel’s house to get our French crew cut every few weeks and gave Cherry a lift home on my scooter a few Times…..the best part of the evening for me….great times and great girls…Ken Fraser was my best mate …..he lives in Australia now,we are in touch regularly. Barry Hart.

I am hoping that we can hold another reunion, ideally in the summer. I think that we could all do with it after all this.
Margate memories, anyone ?
Pete Witno, where are you ?
Margate memories. Long way on a Lambretta GT. Bugsy John Jarvis getting done over by the McKinners from Ramsgate. Duffy setting fire to the kitchen and myself falling asleep on the beach in blazing sun I had not been to sleep for a while( Too many French Blues and Purple Hearts) Rolled over in my sleep woke up done both sides redder than a cocked lobster. Sick as a parrot for days. Sunstroke give it a miss.

Hi Terry. Just to let you know that Bobby Summers passed away a couple of years ago.
Can I just correct the piece about Bugsie and Ramsgate, this was clearly an urban myth, it never happened.

Last time I saw Bugsie, we had a Union meeting at the Odeon in New Street 1981. I said Bugsie what you doing here, he said I am a shop steward, I said do BT know about our past he said less said the better. He never ever denied the story, saying that he was on that much gear in those days he probably thought it happened.

Back