• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

which side

gingerjon

master brummie
I have had to re submit to poetry page as as common sense as been blocked ??

Which side
I sit here looking at common sense
Contemplating as I sit here on the fence
Deciding which side I should alight
Can I make the right choice without a fight
I think it safer to sit were I am
And stay on this fence if I can
Sitting her watching either side
Knowing it’s easier to go with the tide
If I should jump down to join the
Will I still be allowed to have my say
No I think I will keep to my old theme
Allowing me to sit and scheme

Hello John, I said on the first post I really like this, and I still do, wonderful

This is a most thoughtful poem John

Things are rarely as they first appear so you are so wise to sit on the fence and contemplate before jumping into the fray. . .

Commonsense is wisdom and there's a fine line between intelligence and common sense –As to which one is more responsible in the long run? It's always been an interesting question -

It always amazes me to run into people who are extremely intelligent but seem to be lacking in common sense. .

Knowing when to come in out of the rain -
Why the early bird gets the worm
Life isn’t always fair - and
Maybe it was my fault.

But let us not get too downcast. If we believe in reincarnation then surely Mr. Common Sense can be resurrected. I do think the pendulum swings throughout life and perhaps we are just in the middle of one of those swings. There may not be a right or wrong way - but there is always a better way and we all need to try and find that way.

Thanks John

this section as not been blocked but due to restruction as Keith is doing work on it sorry to have misinformed you John H

Back