• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

wheres this

:angel: Not sure on the building, but is it in the Malvena Rd area Nr The four towers Home, High, Qweens and South? Could it be the community centre, or nr there ?

Chris :angel:

John, do you know approx. what year the photo was taken? Like Chris, it does look vaguelly familiar to me also. I,m sure those are 2 of the 4 blocks that Chris refers to, as I used to live in Queens Tower for many years. BazzM.

Oh I think I know exactly where it is, just up from Duke St, along what used to be called Ashted Row..just before you get to where stood the Gaiety picture house..(100 yards further along going to town)
The place to the left and behind is Aston University, the building itself probably belongs to the University now..not sure what it was though.
Of course I could be all wrong and it could be the Eifel Tower.

I know I'm right but what gets me is..has this photo been 'Doctored'? I feel the Old University building should be in view somehow..to the right.

Well the photo says Jennens Rd., but there was a Jennings Row just behind Dale End. From Dale End looking towards Bull Street, turn left into Masshouse lane then turn left into Jennens Row.

Jennens Rd WAS Ashted Row....moving east it goes into Finstall close

Back