• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Where & What?

Pomgolian

Kiwi Brummie
:angel: This is a photo of my Dean taken in 1986, it was taken somewhere in the city and the '?' had been moved there from somewhere else.
This is not a QUIZ question! ???
I just can't for the life of me remember the details of the photo :redface: , 'cept the year and that the person is Dean.:rolleyes:

Attachments

• Aston Dartmouth Circus Boulton & Watt Beam Engine.jpg
    Aston Dartmouth Circus Boulton & Watt Beam Engine.jpg
    267.1 KB · Views: 5
Last edited by a moderator:
I am not too sure what the name of the item in question....but the location is known as Pump Island...its in the middle of the round about of Dartmouth Street/New John Street/Aston Road....plus the Aston Express runs underneath it.....I think it has something to with James Watts...it was lost for years and years....about 30 years ago someone came across it and the city decided to locate it where it stands now....the only problem its that the roundabout is very busy and you cannot afford to take your eyes of the traffic to view it.....

Its James Watts Beam Engine/Pump Dartmouth Circus...

here is a photo by Tim Ellis from Fickr web site...

:angel: I thought it was some sort of pump, but couldn't remember the history of it (Will now write it on the back).

I too say 'worra team' I'll will Stout you both a drink when I come over, thanx chaps :cool:

Back