• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

WHERE WAS THIS TAKEN

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
can anyone identify where this photo was taken please..its of my aunts wedding day dad on the left and mom on the right...far as the family know aunt did not marry in church and the way she is dressed does suggest that so i am thinking at the register office which i think was in edmund st...so maybe they took the short walk to chamberlain square for photographs but i cant be certain

thanks folks

lyn

img559.jpg

Last edited:
The building behind looks rather like one that would have been in Edmund Street area (maybe still there). It is something ****on Chambers. It looks like they are posed in front of a statue or similar. The ladies clothing suggest the 'New Look'. I think many items were still on ration at the time.

thanks peter just taken a look and i think thats the original library on the left..now pretty certain my photo was taken in chamberlain square...

lyn

i agree mort thank you and thanks maurice..just realised that mom and dad were not married when that photo was taken..they married a few months later...how lovely the square looked back then

lyn

Back