• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Where was the Homestead Bakeries?

I have mate who works at the bakery, he buys all the spares to keep it running drive belts etc, he says it is fully air conditioned therefore no opening windows & the air pressure is higher inside than outside with double doors to exit and one department is a giant microwave oven, there is complete cleanliness at all times, the bakery works 24hrs a day. Len.

I had a friend who worked there from 1982 and only left last years i think. His name was alan wakelam.does any one remember right behind the bakery the mcnabs ice cream factory who were in stechford orignally

I’m posting this here as it shows the Harding’s (Royal Steam) Bakery building (right) before it became Homestead Bakery. Did the area in view become Swan Island ? Viv,

4B258EFA-DF0F-4B5A-B04B-52E98CF79532.jpeg

Back